About The Arts Commission
The Clark County Arts Commission was authorized on March 7th, 2010 by a unanimous vote of the Clark County commissioners. (Resolution 2010-03-07) We thank commissioners Mark Boldt, Tom Mielke and Steve Stuart and county administrator Bill Barron for the vision and willingness to support the arts. We acknowledge the towns and cities of Battle Ground, Camas, La Center, Ridgefield, Vancouver, Washougal, Woodland, Yacolt plus the business and education communities for validating the arts. The Clark County Arts Commission offers the citizens of Clark County new opportunities to participate, learn and experience the arts and cultural offerings available in our communities.
The primary purpose of the Arts Commission is to promote and support the arts in Clark County. The 11-member commission works to foster awareness of the arts, expand accessibility to art in public places, and support collaboration among arts patrons, artists, the business community, service groups and cultural organizations.
The commission also supports local artists and arts groups in their efforts to secure grants and other financing, and celebrates the creative talents and diverse skills of Clark County residents.
Eight commission members represent arts in the communities in Battle Ground, Camas, La Center, Ridgefield, Vancouver, Washougal, Woodland and Yacolt. They are nominated by each jurisdiction and serve four-year terms.
Three representatives are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. They represent unincorporated Clark County, arts education and local business. These members initially serve two-year terms, but each subsequent term is four years.
It is the mission of the Clark County Arts Commission to stimulate participation and growth in the arts throughout Clark County by:
- Increasing access to the arts and celebrating the cultural diversity of all Clark County residents;
- Developing partnerships that strive to promote the arts industry as viable and significant for community and economic development;
- Supporting outreach programs and activities in the arts as an integral part of educating the community;
- Encouraging the community to cultivate a thriving environment of creative expression and appreciation for the arts which is beneficial to all.
To Our Constituents
With great enthusiasm the Clark County Arts Commission offers the citizens of Clark County an opportunity to unite in building an infrastructure that will support our growing arts and cultural community, enhancing the future. Please join us for our monthly meetings and share your vision.
Each of us can show our support for the arts and culture by:
- Buying and creating art
- Attending and/or participating in cultural events and arts performances
- Volunteering and/or contributing to arts events and festivals
- Providing the private and public support needed to help fund new programs that will support the arts, the artists and the arts-related businesses in Southwest Washington.
Together we can make Clark County an arts and cultural destination that will delight citizens and visitors alike!